Wednesday, August 22, 2012

And so we begin. :)

Hello all --- I am hoping many of you will find these brief posts helpful.  I will post a general summary of what we are doing in class each week as well as give notice on major due dates/ test/ etc....

This 1st week we will be getting to know each other --- learning the rules and expectations of the school and my classroom.  Our first assignments will start up next week.  LOOK FOR: A field trip permission form, a notice of how to access this blog, and notes on daily journal requirement, outside reading logs, portfolios, and quarterly reflection papers. 

Just an FYI - for those of you who have had other students in my classroom, this year will feel a bit different in that I am teaching Civics 1st semester and WSH 2nd semester.  Mr. Riley and I are working to align our curriculums, so the sequence and assignments may vary a bit from years past. 

Happy first week of school to all --- I am truly looking foward to the year ---- Welcome!