Tuesday, October 30, 2012

UGH! I wrote a post, but apparently never posted it! So sorry!  Well....this week is always a bit chaotic - but I think we are making good progress with our study of Edgar Allen Poe - the students are being introduced to his plays and stories - I use a variety of approaches to catch their interest - Youtube readings, Hulu clips, videos, reading on their own and www.poemuseum.org.  We cover a few literary terms along the way as well as discuss the art of the short story.  Hopefully those of you that attend conferences tomorrow will not find my Dead Poet look too distracting :)

There is a MUSIC AND ME essay due on Thursday for Blocks 1 and 2 and Friday for Block 3 (because of our half day schedule. 

Reminder - I will not be available for conferences on Thursday evening.  Hope to see you tomorrow instead ! 

Have a wonderful rest of your week - bask in the last gasp of warm temps - I know I am savoring and being thankful for every last drop of sunshine and light breezes! :)